Now for the Who

Well since I now have a "real" job (as some friends like to put it....consulting apparently doesn't count); I'm getting ready for the leaving the continent again part.  As you know, I am going to be raising funds for a rainwater project, GHARP, in Kenya.  What I didn't mention is that the position is supported by an umbrella organization, Skillshare International.


Skillshare supports development workers in partner organizations across Europe, Africa, and Asia.  While the partner organization is the key implementer of their projects; Skillshare supervises monitoring and evaluation as well as financial management. This is a huge commitment for the organization; in 2009-10 they supported 113 development workers throughout the world.  Funding not only provides living expenses for the workers but most importantly funds important programming such as: reducing gender-based violence, supporting rural livelihoods, creating a human rights culture, enhancing community capacity for self-development, empowering youth, and improving the lives of people living with disabilities, just to name a few.

So while I'm off doing the boring stuff (physicals, dental appointments, and packing) take a minute and check out my Just Giving page and help me raise £500 to support this great organization.  If you're still looking for a great Christmas gift, look no further, 'tis the season to give the gift that gives back to those less fortunate.

Photo credit: www.Skillshare.org

Stay tuned!  Plans are in the works for another fun opportunity to show your support while eating, drinking, and being merry this holiday season.  And, if you want to make things more interesting, leave me a suggestion in the comments section of what I can do to show all of my loyal friends and donors my appreciation for every £100 raised toward my goal of £500 (approximately $780).  Keep it classy, people; this will be performed in a public, child-friendly arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment