Yet Another Best of Edition

So happy belated new year and all that jazz.  As I think back over the last year I have lots of memories; some good, some bad.  However, instead of dwelling on things that didn't go the way I wanted in 2011, I want to take some time and recount all the good times.  Because, you know, while it's important to take the bad with the good you should always remember how much you have going for you even when the chips are down.  And yes, I know my little stroll down memory lane is a bit belated, but let's just chalk it up to all the traveling and the ongoing jet lag (and not my procrastination in getting around to buying internet airtime).  So even though I have a list of all the wonderful things I remember from the last year, I'm far to lazy to actually upload pictures and post a new slideshow capturing all of the fabulousness in one place.  Instead you can either A) use your imagination or B) click the links I have so thoughtfully included below to enable you to easily relive the greatness through past posts and photos.

January:
Rang in the New Year at the Fashion Institute Gallery's NYE bash in downtown Dallas
Returned to Kenya in a blaze of glory
Began a new contract with GHARP-KRA
Made it through Hell's Gate
Traveled upcountry to Laikipia West and Thompson Falls for a KRA project commissioning

February:
Learned more about Kenya's fascination with rugby
Camped with the Hashers in Kedong

March:
Went Out of Africa at the Karen Blixen Museum
Got back to my charity ball roots in celebration of St. Patty's Day

April:
Welcomed my first visitor to Kenya (my sister)
Ran through Nakuru's flower farms with the Hashers
Celebrated Easter with the Masai

May:
Glamped in Kapiti

June:
Introduced my mom to Kenya
Ren (or is it Stimpy?) came to Kenya on holiday
Discovered delectable cheeses at Brown's cheese farm in Limuru
Pet elephants, fed giraffes, zebra watched, and spotted crocodiles all in Nairobi
Relaxed at Lake Elementaita
Flocked to Lake Nakuru
Wandered through the craziness of Kitengela
Vegged on the beaches of Diani

July:
Ran the hash in Naro Moru
Celebrated my birth in grandeur
Moved to Tanzania
Bussed it to Dar es Salaam

August:
Returned to Kenya in a blaze of glory
Started a new job with RSC
Convinced Ren to stay in Nairobi indefinitely and moved into a new flat

September:
Chilled in Dadaab

October:
Traveled to Uganda

November:
Safaried in Amboseli
Experienced Ethiopia

December:
Returned home for the holidays
Ushered out 2011 over dinner with old friends 

1 comment: